Answer if the following statements on culture media are true or false.
1) Louis Pasteur was the first person to use solid culture media? T/F
2) On MacConkey Agar, non-lactose fermenting bacteria will use peptone as their energy source instead.? T/F
3) Streptococci grow well on Mannitol Salt Agar? T/F
4) Hektoen Agar picks up the production of Hydrogen Sulphide by Salmonella species.? T/F
5) Thayer-Martin Agar contains gentamicin,+ amongst other antibiotics? T/F
6) Amies Transport media contains high levels of carbon and nitrogen? T/F
7) The chocolate within chocolate agar provides the nutrients required for bacterial growth? T/F
8) Buffered Charcoal Yeast Extract media is a good media for the isolation of Corynebacterium diptheriae? T/F
9) Lactose Fermentors produce yellow colonies on CLED agar? T/F
10) Lowenstein-Jenson slopes contain penicillin? T/F
Click here for answers and short explanations.