Have a look at these true/false questions and then click at the bottom for answers with short explanations.
1) The majority of infected females are asymptomatic? T/F
2) Thayer-Martin Agar contains vancomycin? T/F
3) Natural Infection with Neisseria gonorrhoeae gives long lasting immunity to further gonococcal infection.
4) Neisseria gonorrhoeae grows poorly in 5% CO2? T/F
5) Neisseria gonorrhoeae usually infects squamous epithelial cells? T/F
6) Culture for Neisseria gonorrhoeae is just as sensitive as Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests (NAATs) for the diagnosis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae from extra-genital sites? T/F
7) Neisseria Gonorrhoeae can occasionally cause Infective Endocarditis or Septic Arthritis? T/F
8) Approximately 10% of Neisseria gonorhoeae strains are resistant to ciprofloxacin? T/F
9) Empirical treatment is generally with penicillin? T/F
10) High level resistance to ceftriaxone has been documented in Neisseria gonorrhoeae? T/F
Click here for the answers with short explanations.