The Microbiology Matters website has now been up and running for two months.
During February 2013 there were 1450 visitors (hits) to the website and 13,400 “page visits”. So definitely enough interest there to keep (me) going.
The plans I have for the website over the next few months are as follows:
- Develop a “careers” sub-section on the site describing all the different forms of employment available within microbiology.
- Start a weekly/fortnightly microbiology picture quiz.
- Develop user-friendly tutorials on PCR and MALDI-TOF.
- Add further guidelines and links.
- Ask people with specialist knowledge in certain areas to contribute articles to the site.
- Continue to promote the website amongst microbiology communities worldwide.
- Continue optimising design and appearance of the site.
- Consider getting sponsorship from microbiology companies for the website.
So just a few things to keep me busy…
I guess the first part of a project is always the easiest (That is when there is lots of enthusiasm). Now the focus is on developing something that is both sustainable on my part and maintains interest amongst viewers. Please feedback any other ideas you might have.
Thank you to all those who have visited the website so far!