We all know of colleagues who seem to be able to do twice as much work as the rest of us, in about half the time…..
However efficiency is only a very minor quality in the world of microbiology. There are other qualities that are much more important;
- The ability to spot the unusual.
- The ability to know when to ask for help.
- The ability to recognise and focus on what is important and to ignore what is unimportant.
- To be able to stop and look up more information on an interesting micro-organism.
- To be passionate about microbiology and have the ability to inspire this passion in your colleagues.
I have come across many excellent microbiologists over the years. Some are fast workers, some slow.
In summary, everybody works at their own pace.
It is not a race, nor do we work in a factory….
Efficiency is overrated in life as well as work. Click on the article here for an interesting insight into this…